Sewer Scope Inspections
A Video Inspection Of Your Main Sewer Line
Don't Get Stuck With a Expensive Sewer Line Repair!
Most people do not realize that the lateral sewer line that runs from the house to the road is their responsibility. When problems exist with the sewer line repairs can be very expensive.
Protect Yourself With a Video Sewer Scope Inspection!
Understanding the condition of the sewer line when purchasing a home can save you thousand
s of dollars in repair costs. While knowing the condition of your sewer line as a homeowner can save you from a full replacement to maybe just a small repair.
Trademark Home Inspection, LLC can perform a lateral line sewer scope on your sewer line. We will provide you with a written report as well as a link to the video within 24hours of the sewer scope inspection.
When Should I Have A Sewer Scope Inspection Performed?
When Purchasing a Home – When you are purchasing a home it is a wise investment to have a sewer scope inspection performed. Though water is run during the home inspection, clogs and other issues won’t show themselves until solids are introduced into the system and sometimes not for months after you move in.
As a Homeowner – Obviously if you are having issues with backups of your sewer or slow drains. But, it is also a good idea to have a sewer scope inspection performed every 5 years as part of your routine maintenance. Remember small problems are fixed more easily and usually at a cheaper cost.
What About New Construction? Absolutely, you should have a sewer scope inspection on a new construction home. New construction homes have some unique issues when it comes to the sewer line.
- Construction debris such as drywall mud and small pieces of wood can get put down drain lines.
- Lines can become separated during the back filling of the trench in which they were placed.
- Bellies can occur due to reckless back filling of the sewer line trench.
Common problems found During Sewer Scope Inspection
- Low Areas: also known as a ‘belly’, these low areas can collect water and solid waste, causing poor flow through the pipe and can lead to back-up and damage to the pipe as it sags further.
- Tree Roots: small gaps in sections of piping can allow tree roots to enter the sewer line. As the roots grow, the pipe can break and crack, requiring repair. Minor tree root intrusion can be rooted and cleared on a regular basis, with minimal or no significant pipe damage. Assessing the amount of root intrusion is part of a sewer scope inspection.
- Debris: Occasionally construction debris or other items can become lodged in the sewer line, preventing the flow of waste through the pipe.
- Pipe Collapse: if extreme root intrusion has occurred or significant soil settlement has occurred around the area due to offsets or a low area, complete pipe collapse can occur, requiring full excavation and repair of the sewer line. While rare, this condition can be assessed as part of a sewer scope inspection.
- Offsets: on some older piping, sections in the piping can separate, causing an offset in the piping to occur. Solid waste may not clear this offset, and wastewater will seep into the surrounding soil, causing further settlement and eventual breakdown of the piping.
What Our Clients Are Saying!
Trademark Home Inspection, LLC - Service Area
Trademark Home Inspection, LLC proudly serves the following Michigan Cities and the surrounding areas:
Adrian, Allen Park, Ann Arbor, Auburn Hills, Belleville, Berkley, Birmingham, Bloomfield, Bloomfield Hills, Brighton, Brownstown, Canton, Clarkston, Clawson, Chelsea, Carleton, Commerce Township, Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Detroit, Dexter, Dundee, Ecorse, Erie, Farmington, Farmington Hills, Ferndale, Flat Rock, Garden City, Gibraltar, Grosse Ile, Grosse Pointe, Harper Woods, Hazel Park, Highland Park, Howell, Hudson, Huntington Woods, Huron Township, Ida, Inkster, Jackson, Keego Harbor, Lambertville, La Salle, Lathrup Village, Lincoln Park, Livonia, Luna Pier, Madison Heights, Manchester, Maybee, Melvindale, Milan, Monroe, Morenci, New Boston, Newport, Northville, Novi, Oak Park, Petersburg, Pittsfield Township, Pleasant Ridge, Plymouth, Pontiac, Redford, River Rouge, Riverview, Rochester, Rochester Hills, Rockwood, Romulus, Royal Oak, Saline, Southfield, Southgate, South Lyon, Sterling Heights, Sumpter, Taylor, Tecumseh, Temperance, Trenton, Troy, Walled Lake, Waterford, Wayne, Warren, Willis, West Bloomfield, Westland, Wixom, Woodhaven, Wyandotte, and Ypsilanti.